The role of the College of Pharmacy
The mission of the PEI College of Pharmacy is to govern the practice of pharmacy to advance the health and safety of the public.
In order to fulfill its mission, the College:
- Regulates the practice of pharmacists and pharmacy technicians in accordance with the Regulated Health Professions Act, the regulations and bylaws;
- Registers pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and students;
- Licenses community pharmacies;
- Develops standards of practice and policies for pharmacy practice;
- Enforces standards respecting continuing education and competence of its registrants;
- Responds to and manages complaints and discipline relating to pharmacy practice.