Prince Edward Island College of Pharmacy
Governing the practice of pharmacy to advance the health and safety of the public.Useful Links
- Institute for Safe Medication Practices (ISMP)
- Canadian Pharmacists ASSOCIATION
- Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacists
- Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada
- Canadian Association of Pharmacy Students and Interns
- Prince Edward Island Pharmacists Association
- National Association of Pharmacy Regulatory Authorities
- Canadian Association of Pharmacy Technicians
Complaints and Discipline
NAPRA is updating its policy on and approach to Natural Health Products (NHPs) in NAPRA’s National Drug Schedules with the best interest of the public as its first and foremost concern.
NAPRA will remove NHPs currently listed within the National Drug Schedules (NDS) in a stepwise, risk-based approach:
1) Effective January 2, 2020: NHPs currently listed within the Unscheduled category and within Schedule III will be removed from the NDS. At Health Canada’s request, ephedrine and pseudoephedrine will continue to be subject to the conditions of sales as outlined in NDS Schedule III until January 2, 2021.
2) Effective January 2, 2022: NHPs currently listed within Schedules I and II will be removed from the NDS.